Highlights and links
Valentine’s Day often results in a few breakups and this week saw the 2019 marriage between FIS and Worldpay come to an end as FIS announced they will be spinning off Worldpay Merchant Services. Our quizmaster was back on vocals again but rising prices turned our stomachs more than his singing did!
Here are the links to the stories we spoke about:-
- The news about FIS and Worldpay was picked up by multiple channels
- If you’re a Belieber then you might be interested in this story
- And we can’t disagree with the Wise Guy – chatgpt is just one bit of current technology that is turning us all into suckers
- Admit it – you thought the Olive Oil Times story was fake, didn’t you?
- We almost choked on our breakfast with this one
- The big banks are no longer worried about Fintechs eating their breakfast though
- The CB Insights report referred to in the article is worthwhile downloading for more info
- Has the Wise Guy started a new side hustle?
- Monzo in the news for tracking cyberslacking
- Meanwhile, Interpol are trying to figure out what the metaverse is
- Sam Bankman Fried gets a new friend
- Things are going to pot in Germany
- But that’s not what Fintechs should be worried about as life gets a bit tougher for them in the future
If you enjoyed the show, please do share a link across socials to help us grow and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to be notified of the next episode!
The team all scour multiple sources each week looking for the biggest and most controversial stories, along with those that simply make you go WTF?????
Free free to give any of us a shout out on any of our social platforms shown on the home page or tag us in posts that you think we should know about in the world of Fintech and Financial services (or anything else for that matter!).
Dinner with Skinner
Chris Skinner aka "The Wise Guy" needs no introduction to anyone in financial services pretty much anywhere in the world. Let's face it, the guy is a living legend - with 17 bestselling books to his name and connections to some of the most influential people in Financial Services, who wouldn't dive at the opportunity to have a candid conversation moderated by him around the dinner table?
Framed as a "research meeting" and using The Finanser as an independent firm to ensure there are no improprieties, this is an opportunity for you to extend an invitation to up to 10 c-suite execs to an exclusive event held at a Michelin star style restaurant anywhere in the world - hit the button below to request more info!Click NOW