Highlights and links
WOW! We welcomed our favourite Goddess (Ghela Boskovich – Regional Director / Head of Europe, Financial Data & Technology Association and Founder of FemTechGlobal) as guest judge this week and she did NOT disappoint, her deep insights and philosophical views meant that we ran over our scheduled time but we think you’ll agree it was worth it!
Links to stuff we spoke about:-
- The wise guy might have been wrong about Apple buying Stripe but if they don’t IPO then someone might be able to soon as they explore future options
- Bank of America, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan and 4 other banks working together??? Will they manage to take a bite out of Apple (non paywall link)
- Yes, there really was a bit Bitcoin Logo shining on the tallest building in Berlin this week
- But Commerzebank has their sights set on EY
- EY has their sights set on cutting back on employees in the wake of the Wirecard scandal
- Some big influencers are using their influence for a cause we can get behind
- Meanwhile, some South African influencers get their power cut (literally 🤪) and here is why
- The rest of the influencers have to start abiding by new rules at long last
- At least New York has a bar for bitcoin enthusiasts …..
- Maybe the crypto crowd should take a few hints from this video for new ways to make money using ChatGPT and other AI tools?
- And maybe all of us will be looking for new jobs soon?
If you enjoyed the show, please do share across socials to help us grow and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to be notified of the next episode!
The team all scour multiple sources each week looking for the biggest and most controversial stories, along with those that simply make you go WTF?????
Free free to give any of us a shout out on any of our social platforms shown on the home page or tag us in posts that you think we should know about in the world of Fintech and Financial services (or anything else for that matter!).
Dinner with Skinner
Chris Skinner aka "The Wise Guy" needs no introduction to anyone in financial services pretty much anywhere in the world. Let's face it, the guy is a living legend - with 17 bestselling books to his name and connections to some of the most influential people in Financial Services, who wouldn't dive at the opportunity to have a candid conversation moderated by him around the dinner table?
Framed as a "research meeting" and using The Finanser as an independent firm to ensure there are no improprieties, this is an opportunity for you to extend an invitation to up to 10 c-suite execs to an exclusive event held at a Michelin star style restaurant anywhere in the world - hit the button below to request more info!Click NOW