Highlights and links
There was a lot of angst this week due to toxic culture, relationships and losses – sadly just another week in Fintech and Financial Services ……..
Links to stuff we spoke about:-
- Some Bank of America customers resorted to prayers when their money disappeared overnight
- But the real tears were all about Genesis and Gemini
- But if you’re lucky enough to live in Scotland then perhaps you’re happy about this Genesis news
- Could using this year’s Pantone Colour of the year help your Fintech launch?
- Or maybe rather take note of what JP Morgan has been doing to attract customers?
- Don’t believe that DJ D-Sol is real?
- Goldman Sachs have to crying over their complete waste of money surely?
- Maybe they shouldn’t have called their customers Muppets all those years ago …..
- Andrew Tate and Elon Musk are both having ongoing problems
- But the epic Twitter thread by Brett Harrison (former president of FTX US) gave fresh insight into toxic relationships in the industry
- Chat GPT is really convincing about fake news
- But this news about Congress wasn’t at all fake …..
- Talking about toxic culture – Revolut is trying something different – but insist it’s not (only) because of the FCA review
- And because Chris loves the song, here’s a gratuitous link to “Do you really want to hurt me“
If you enjoyed the show, please do share across socials to help us grow and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to be notified of the next episode!
The team all scour multiple sources each week looking for the biggest and most controversial stories, along with those that simply make you go WTF?????
Free free to give any of us a shout out on any of our social platforms shown on the home page or tag us in posts that you think we should know about in the world of Fintech and Financial services (or anything else for that matter!).
Dinner with Skinner
Chris Skinner aka "The Wise Guy" needs no introduction to anyone in financial services pretty much anywhere in the world. Let's face it, the guy is a living legend - with 17 bestselling books to his name and connections to some of the most influential people in Financial Services, who wouldn't dive at the opportunity to have a candid conversation moderated by him around the dinner table?
Framed as a "research meeting" and using The Finanser as an independent firm to ensure there are no improprieties, this is an opportunity for you to extend an invitation to up to 10 c-suite execs to an exclusive event held at a Michelin star style restaurant anywhere in the world - hit the button below to request more info!Click NOW