Highlights and links
We’re baaaaaaack! We hoped you missed us??
Links to stuff we spoke about:-
- Starling is expecting to post record profits for 2023
- Part of this is fuelled by their SME strategy, which is a good thing considering this news
- They’re also opening a fourth office in the UK which is good news for Manchester
- China says they are loosening up their Fintech policy at long last
- Although we are sad to see the news about Jack Ma
- Beijing are making sure they have a say in the Future of Tencent ……
- The ECB did a study on consumer attitude towards payments
- Are the results of the study surprising?
- A bit of a contrast to the way Nigeria is going
- Do Fintechs occasionally crash and burn like F1? Well, Binance seems to be on fire!
- And a lot of people have been burned …..
- Did Ferrari get out just in time? RedBull and others have done the same
- Does a Michelin starred chef bring kudos to crypto?
- Or does Miss El Salvador do it?
- Are you the CEO of a major bank? Do you use your private jet for holidays? (You do have a private jet don’t you?)
- What does Jamie Dimon REALLY think about Bitcoin?
- Let’s be Frank about JP Morgan’s acquisition
If you enjoyed the show, please do share across socials to help us grow and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to be notified of the next episode!
The team all scour multiple sources each week looking for the biggest and most controversial stories, along with those that simply make you go WTF?????
Free free to give any of us a shout out on any of our social platforms shown on the home page or tag us in posts that you think we should know about in the world of Fintech and Financial services (or anything else for that matter!).
Dinner with Skinner
Chris Skinner aka "The Wise Guy" needs no introduction to anyone in financial services pretty much anywhere in the world. Let's face it, the guy is a living legend - with 17 bestselling books to his name and connections to some of the most influential people in Financial Services, who wouldn't dive at the opportunity to have a candid conversation moderated by him around the dinner table?
Framed as a "research meeting" and using The Finanser as an independent firm to ensure there are no improprieties, this is an opportunity for you to extend an invitation to up to 10 c-suite execs to an exclusive event held at a Michelin star style restaurant anywhere in the world - hit the button below to request more info!Click NOW