Highlights and links
If you prefer to listen to the show on your favourite podcast platform then please click on the links for Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Anchor.fm
Holidays are all about taking a break and it seems Goldman Sachs is thinking about taking a break from their relationship with Apple. Will this be the end of their foray into consumer finance after losing more than $3 BILLION since 2020 on their experiment?
SOME of the cast of the show managed to meet the holiday brief this week (including Mary’s pup Benedict, featured here and in the intro ) in the last episode before the team takes a break over summer. The Wise Guy had already made an early departure which saw the Mighty Mushtaq return to step into his (apparently smaller) shoes
Links to the stuff we spoke about:-
- The end of Ant Group’s regulatory review appears to be close – although it will come at a hefty price
- Orange Telecom is in talks to get out of consumer finance
- Are Goldman Sachs and Apple breaking up?
- Beware the BRUTAL HEATWAVE hitting Europe if you’re going on holiday!
- No, we don’t really think Visa is going to be bringing Pismo to Spain anytime soon, but take a look at what they are doing with them
- If you hadn’t heard of Turkish Neobank Papara before, you’re not alone
- Economists warn the BoE about the impact of pushing the interest rates too high
- Find out more about the Payments Association’s latest publication and Project Inclusion here
- Is excluding access to financial services due to people’s political opinion ethical?
- Don’t wait too long to retire – life expectancy has fallen!
- Should Hollywood be worried about their jobs?
- Could AI spark the next financial crisis?
- AI is certainly sparking a whole new wave in fraud
- Australians struggling to get their hands on cash
- Maybe they should take a look at what the UK Post Office is doing – are they quietly becoming a bank??
If you enjoyed the show, please do share a link across socials to help us grow and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to be notified of the next episode!
The team all scour multiple sources each week looking for the biggest and most controversial stories, along with those that simply make you go WTF?????
Free free to give any of us a shout out on any of our social platforms shown on the home page or tag us in posts that you think we should know about in the world of Fintech and Financial services (or anything else for that matter!).
Dinner with Skinner
Chris Skinner aka "The Wise Guy" needs no introduction to anyone in financial services pretty much anywhere in the world. Let's face it, the guy is a living legend - with 17 bestselling books to his name and connections to some of the most influential people in Financial Services, who wouldn't dive at the opportunity to have a candid conversation moderated by him around the dinner table?
Framed as a "research meeting" and using The Finanser as an independent firm to ensure there are no improprieties, this is an opportunity for you to extend an invitation to up to 10 c-suite execs to an exclusive event held at a Michelin star style restaurant anywhere in the world - hit the button below to request more info!Click NOW