Highlights and links
If you prefer to listen to the show on your favourite podcast platform then please click on the links for Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Anchor.fm
A major Global Bank registered a trademark this week for a “ChatGPT like” service to help clients with investment advice although global finfluencer Paolo Sironi thinks they aren’t taking “FU” into account in their algorithms.
It seems our quizmaster Rik might have been spending a bit too much time with ChatGPT this week as he busts out the Fintech poetry in an episode that includes crypto, ai killer drones and hugs ……….. and of all things ….. a demented AI powered killer microwave!!
Links to the stuff we spoke about:-
- Monzo increased their provision for bad loans by over 600% although one article states their move to profitability another announces a loss – it’s all a bit confusing
- What’s Revolut’s Plan B?
- Is “cricktech” a thing yet or is Chris just trying to coin a new phrase?
- What impact will HSBC’s new global ESG index have?
- Hong Kong opens crypto exchange licensing
- JP Morgan filed a trademark for a new ai investment service and our good friend Paolo Sironi pointed out why they might need to consider their algorithm’s capability
- Meta buying Meta is a bit Meta don’t you think?
- Redneck Bank and Tightwad Bank are really real banks and there are a few more dubious names that have existed in the past too!
- But really – HSBC COULD HAVE BEEN MORE IMAGINATIVE with their re-branding of SVB!
- Chris has been writing about AI this week on his blog
- Andrew thinks more Financial Services Regulators should look at what the Monetary Authority of Singapore is doing to stay ahead of the pack
- Henry Kissinger gave an eight hour interview to The Economist this week which included him sharing his concerns about AI – which are shared by many others
- It seems his concerns are not unfounded according to the US Air Force …..
- The fact that Natwest Celebrity Scam Super League is a thing is a sad indictment of the state of social media scamming these days
AND FINALLY – for any of you interested in the bizarre KILLER MICROWAVE story that Rik was on about ………. read all about it here!
If you enjoyed the show, please do share a link across socials to help us grow and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to be notified of the next episode!
The team all scour multiple sources each week looking for the biggest and most controversial stories, along with those that simply make you go WTF?????
Free free to give any of us a shout out on any of our social platforms shown on the home page or tag us in posts that you think we should know about in the world of Fintech and Financial services (or anything else for that matter!).
Dinner with Skinner
Chris Skinner aka "The Wise Guy" needs no introduction to anyone in financial services pretty much anywhere in the world. Let's face it, the guy is a living legend - with 17 bestselling books to his name and connections to some of the most influential people in Financial Services, who wouldn't dive at the opportunity to have a candid conversation moderated by him around the dinner table?
Framed as a "research meeting" and using The Finanser as an independent firm to ensure there are no improprieties, this is an opportunity for you to extend an invitation to up to 10 c-suite execs to an exclusive event held at a Michelin star style restaurant anywhere in the world - hit the button below to request more info!Click NOW