Highlights and links
If you prefer to listen to the show on your favourite podcast platform then please click on the links for Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Anchor.fm
OK – technically the BoE director of Fintech, Tom Hutton, said that cryptocurrency doesn’t “fulfil any of the functions of money” – but isn’t that the same thing? Maybe he had a hidden agenda? Who knows – but what we do know is that it seems to pay to take over failing banks as yet another record profit is declared!
OH – and HOW LONG has it been since we had a whole episode without mentioning Elon Musk????? Shhhhh – don’t tell the team you noticed!
Links to the stuff we spoke about:-
- If you’re over 62 and live in America maybe you could do with some Charlie? (NO – not THAT kind of Charlie!)
- SVB is the gift that keeps on giving as yet another bank records a record profit post acquisition
- JPM also predicting gains from the acquisition of First Republic
- More drama at Revolut as more leadership leave
- The story about the court case regarding ownership of the first ever NFT is interesting reading for crypto enthusiasts
- Wouldn’t it be great to have so much money you could do this???
- Should an alleged fraudster get their legal fees paid by the company they frauded?
- It doesn’t seem like we will be seeing a Digital Euro anytime soon if this news is anything to go by?
- Is crypto money or not?
- Money laundering raids in the UK result in 7 arrests
- A cop that stole bank details from a dead person??
- Have you seen The Spider’s Web on Netflix? Maybe you’ll see why the UK has a bit of a reputation in the world of Financial Services …..
- Here’s what tax havens are potentially costing the rest of us tax payers
- The Wise Guy recommends reading Treasure Islands – Tax Havens and The Men Who Stole the World for further info on the topic
- But it seems like the scammers also agree that it’s full of opportunity!
If you enjoyed the show, please do share a link across socials to help us grow and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to be notified of the next episode!
The team all scour multiple sources each week looking for the biggest and most controversial stories, along with those that simply make you go WTF?????
Free free to give any of us a shout out on any of our social platforms shown on the home page or tag us in posts that you think we should know about in the world of Fintech and Financial services (or anything else for that matter!).
Dinner with Skinner
Chris Skinner aka "The Wise Guy" needs no introduction to anyone in financial services pretty much anywhere in the world. Let's face it, the guy is a living legend - with 17 bestselling books to his name and connections to some of the most influential people in Financial Services, who wouldn't dive at the opportunity to have a candid conversation moderated by him around the dinner table?
Framed as a "research meeting" and using The Finanser as an independent firm to ensure there are no improprieties, this is an opportunity for you to extend an invitation to up to 10 c-suite execs to an exclusive event held at a Michelin star style restaurant anywhere in the world - hit the button below to request more info!Click NOW