Highlights and links
If you prefer to listen to the show on your favourite podcast platform then please click on the links for Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Anchor.fm
This week, Visa announced something for the USA that really is a non-issue in Europe – it shouldn’t be news, but it was – for Americans at least! Plus – there were Zombies, (Swedish House) Mafia and a 78 year old bank robber along with big news about our favourite (non) sponsor Elon Musk and a whole lot more chaos as the team returned after their 2 week Easter break.
Links to stuff we spoke about:-
- Only in America is this a problem that needs solving by Visa …..
- Chris did make a point about a wheel, even if it wasn’t what Rik was looking for
- Seriously, had YOU heard of the Digital Currency Monetary Authority before this show? Be honest! Take a look at what they announced at the IMF event this week
- De La Rue is in trouble (again) as shares plummet amidst another profit warning
- Is America at risk from the Zombie Banks?
- Does any (sane) person really think that FTX should re-open after revelations like this?
- Could ChatGPT do better than the governor of the Bank of England
- Not everyone is happy about the eRupee
- In today’s digital world, access to your banking app is critical
- Sadly pet food banks are actually a thing
- Big news for the Twitter trading community
- What’s up with the Forbes 30 under 30 mentality?
- The Crypto Queen was a major scammer
- Chris introduced the seven deadly startup sins on his blog
- You have to chuckle at the thought of a 78 year old bank robbing granny …..
- Seriously now – this news about the Swedish Style Meatball Gravy Granules is BIIIIIG news (in the Swedish Meatball loving community 🤪)
- But being fired as the CEO of the biggest pension fund in Sweden is bigger news
- And finally it’s never a bad idea to end with a totally gratuitous link to a great Swedish House Mafia track – enjoy!
If you enjoyed the show, please do share a link across socials to help us grow and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to be notified of the next episode!
The team all scour multiple sources each week looking for the biggest and most controversial stories, along with those that simply make you go WTF?????
Free free to give any of us a shout out on any of our social platforms shown on the home page or tag us in posts that you think we should know about in the world of Fintech and Financial services (or anything else for that matter!).
Dinner with Skinner
Chris Skinner aka "The Wise Guy" needs no introduction to anyone in financial services pretty much anywhere in the world. Let's face it, the guy is a living legend - with 17 bestselling books to his name and connections to some of the most influential people in Financial Services, who wouldn't dive at the opportunity to have a candid conversation moderated by him around the dinner table?
Framed as a "research meeting" and using The Finanser as an independent firm to ensure there are no improprieties, this is an opportunity for you to extend an invitation to up to 10 c-suite execs to an exclusive event held at a Michelin star style restaurant anywhere in the world - hit the button below to request more info!Click NOW