Highlights and links
If you prefer to listen to the show on your favourite podcast platform then please click on the links for Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Anchor.fm
Bank of America were not the only winners this week as First Republic Bank were thrown a last minute lifeline by the banking industry this week in an unusual show of solidarity – or maybe they were just desperately trying to prevent the contagion from spreading? Pornhub, Stripe and Credit Suisse also came up in conversation which included the normal blend of chaos mixed with insights that you might have come to expect from the team by now.
Links to stuff we spoke about:-
- First Republic had a narrow escape this week but can they manage to survive?
- Silicon Valley Bank’s losses were Bank Of America’s (BofA) gains
- A few of the Neobanks also had a good week
- We couldn’t make the PornHub story up – yes, it’s true!
- Take a look at this Korean k-pop band for a glimpse of what the future of entertainment holds
- How fast the mighty Stripe has fallen – was it always over-valued?
- OK – we agree with Rik – Chris wrote a good article about Credit Suisse and you should give it a read
- ECB’s Lagarde basically says “Keep Calm and Bank On”
- How big a part did social media play in the downfall of Silicon Valley Bank?
- Stop blaming wokeness for everything that goes wrong in the world
- Sam Bankman Fried and friends seemed to treat FTX as their own personal bank account
If you enjoyed the show, please do share a link across socials to help us grow and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to be notified of the next episode!
The team all scour multiple sources each week looking for the biggest and most controversial stories, along with those that simply make you go WTF?????
Free free to give any of us a shout out on any of our social platforms shown on the home page or tag us in posts that you think we should know about in the world of Fintech and Financial services (or anything else for that matter!).
Dinner with Skinner
Chris Skinner aka "The Wise Guy" needs no introduction to anyone in financial services pretty much anywhere in the world. Let's face it, the guy is a living legend - with 17 bestselling books to his name and connections to some of the most influential people in Financial Services, who wouldn't dive at the opportunity to have a candid conversation moderated by him around the dinner table?
Framed as a "research meeting" and using The Finanser as an independent firm to ensure there are no improprieties, this is an opportunity for you to extend an invitation to up to 10 c-suite execs to an exclusive event held at a Michelin star style restaurant anywhere in the world - hit the button below to request more info!Click NOW